Diane Fields Geocaris
- J.D., Stanford University (Stanford Law Review, Administrative Editor)
- A.B., Stanford University
- Admitted: California; Illinois (inactive); S.D. Cal.; N.D. Ill.
Ms. Geocaris has served as the first Chief Campus Counsel at UC Irvine since 1990, when she was hired by Chancellor Jack W. Peltason. Ms. Geocaris provides legal advice and counsel to the Chancellor and his/her senior management staff in all areas affecting the campus, such as health sciences, research regulation and compliance, staff and academic employee relations, student affairs, land use, gift matters, contracts, and constitutional law. She also serves as a senior advisor on institutional policy and decision-making that require a legal perspective and is a member of Chancellor's Cabinet and Chancellor's Advisory Council. She also is a member of the campus's Whistleblower Investigations Work Group, the Consultation (Crisis Management) Team and the Compliance and Ethics Risk Committee. She supervises the two attorneys and two staff in the Office of Campus Counsel.
Before joining the university, Mrs. Geocaris was a partner with Rudnick & Wolfe in Chicago (now DLA Piper). Previous to that, she was an associate with Sidley & Austin (Chicago and D.C.), and Gray, Cary, Ames & Frye (now also DLA Piper) in San Diego. From July 1, 2007 through July 2008, Ms. Geocaris served as Interim Associate Chancellor (Chancellor's Chief of Staff).
Recent Significant University Service
- Chair, Search Committee, Associate Chancellor (2008)
- Chancellor's Distinguished Fellows Selection Committee (2008)
- Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost Conflict of Interest Committee (2007 to present)
- Living Our Values Nomination Committee (2007-2008)
- Search Committee, UC Irvine Law School Dean (2007)
- Search Committee, UCLA Vice Chancellor Legal Affairs (2007)
- Search Committee, Associate Chancellor (2007)
- Presenter, UC Irvine Business Officer's Institute
Recent Significant Community Service and Honors
- Finance Committee, Sage Hill School, Newport Beach, CA (2006 to present)
- Stanford Alumni Association Sierra Programs LLC, Board of Directors, Vice Chair and Secretary (September 1998 to present)
- Recipient, The Stanford Medal (2007)
- President, Stanford Associates Board of Governors (2004-2006), member 2002-2004